Our Youth Advisory Council
Learn more about what our Youth Council does and how you can get involved.
A motivated student can demonstrate their desire to give back to the community in which they live. They will have the opportunity to hone their talents and skills develop rewarding volunteer skills and values as well as embody the spirit of philanthropic lifeworks.
To create a committee consisting of local high school students that meets regularly to support and compliment the current Foundation Board’s objectives. The TMHF Board of Directors and TMHF Staff will mentor and coach the students through their own ‘hands-on’ fundraising ventures. This guidance will help to develop each student’s leadership capabilities, planning and development skills, and philanthropic understandings. The foundation staff hopes to see these qualities develop in the council with the intent of ultimately instilling an on-going desire to participate in and support volunteerism in their community.
Students will develop, create, and execute a successful fundraising event designed to raise awareness for the TMH Foundation’s role in their community and its ongoing needs. Funds raised will be directed towards the medical equipment needs at TMH.
Community involvement: The promotion of a lifelong commitment to building of healthy and strong communities, regardless of where their lives may take them in the years to come.
- The Council will provide a voice of youth to the Foundation as to why the hospital is important them.
- The Council will be involved in the fundraisers at the Foundation and also be organizing their own events as a team.
- The Youth Council will also be responsible for raising awareness for the Foundation in their highschools.
What WE can do for YOU
- Volunteer/community hours
- Meet with medical professionals
- Receive a letter of recommendation
- Build up your employment resume
What YOU can do for US
- Represent TMHF in a positive way
- Attend all and be prepared for monthly meetings
- Be an active participant
- Make others aware of the Foundation
Your donations help fund life saving equipment for the entire Quinte region, keeping care close to home.
Attracting the best possible healthcare professionals to the Bay of Quinte Region means better care.
Every dollar donated stays in our community allowing us to provide exceptional care close to home.
New equipment provides faster results with more accurate information to help with a proper diagnosis.